Are you interested in ocean solutions, sustainability & resilience, and connecting science to society? Are you an Early Career Ocean Professional (ECOP: <10 years since your professional degree) or interested in supporting ECOPs? We are reaching out today to invite you, your colleagues, and partners to join the newly launched U.S. Early Career Ocean Professional (ECOP) node.
As many of you know, the United Nations has proclaimed a Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development from 2021-2030. The mission of the U.S. ECOP node is to increase engagement of ECOPs in the UN Decade for Ocean Science, listen to and identify their needs, and empower them to become future leaders.
Specifically, the objectives of the U.S. ECOP include:
- Facilitate Entry & Engagement with the UN Decade of Ocean Science
- Create a Space of Inclusivity
- Enhance Collaboration & Partnerships
- Foster an Ocean Sustainability Workforce
Why engage in the U.S. ECOP node?
- Access to the U.S. ECOP slack channel to connect with other ECOPs to enhance your disciplinary and interdisciplinary career path
- Take part in social events with ECOPs
- Learn about relevant conferences, events, and job opportunities
- Gain understanding of emerging topics in marine science, policy, and management
We hope you will join us! Please sign up here to become engaged with the U.S. ECOP community today! The current U.S. ECOP node is a distributed community that can share opportunities and information, so at the end of the sign up survey you will get a link to join the community on Slack.
Please also share widely with your colleagues & networks!
On behalf of the U.S. ECOP Steering Committee