The Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee () is seeking applications for co-leads for the Diversity and Inclusion Community of Practice. New co-leads will join @Sarah Aarons (Scripps/UCSD), @Tracie Curry (Northern Social Environmental Research), @Allen Pope (National Science Foundation), and @Monika Sikand (Stevens Institute of Technology). We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and all career stages to apply.
The Diversity and Inclusion Community of Practice encourages open conversations on how to increase inclusion and equity in Arctic scientific research. It hosts regular meetings with the Collaborations community to discuss pressing issues around diversity and inclusion, and also supports other collaboration teams and communities of practice in implementing the Arctic Research Plan 2022-2026.
Community of practice leaders have cyclical and ongoing responsibilities that include:
- Leading in a thoughtful and inclusive way
- Regularly communicating and working in a collaborative way with fellow co-leads
- Acting as a resource and coordinator for community members’ questions and ideas on community activities
- Reaching out to potential speakers for meetings and working with co-leads and Secretariat on meeting agendas and announcements
- Organizing and chairing community meetings
- Supporting community activity reporting
- Participating in annual leadership workshops
This is a volunteer position. Co-leads can expect to devote between 5 to 10 hours per month on average to their leadership role. We ask applicants to be prepared to commit to serve at least two years as a co-lead. If there are unforeseen circumstances that require leaders to step down before two years, we request they help find a replacement in discussion with the other co-leads. All those selected to be co-leads will be trained and onboarded.
Please email Liz Weinberg (email@example.com) with the following information by April 21:
- Brief statement of intent stating why you are applying for a leadership role, what you hope to gain from the leadership experience, and what you want to contribute to the community
- Up to date resume/CV