Collaborations is seeking volunteers for team leadership positions from enthusiastic non-federal members of the Arctic research community who are excited about the activities outlined in the Arctic Research Plan and Implementation Plan. We encourage people in all career stages and from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We will begin reviewing applications on December 1.
We are seeking applications for co-leads for the following collaboration teams. These are volunteer positions. Please note that all collaboration teams already have federal leaders on board and non-federal leaders will be joining an amazing cohort of team leaders.
We are seeking applications for non-federal co-leads for the following *new and multidisciplinary* collaboration teams:
Priority Area Teams seeking applications:
Foundational Activity Teams seeking applications:
Collaboration Team Co-leader Responsibilities:
Collaboration team leaders have cyclical and ongoing responsibilities that include:
- Leading Arctic research community and multidisciplinary collaboration team in a thoughtful and inclusive way
- Regularly communicating and working in a collaborative way with fellow co-leads
- Acting as a resource and coordinator for team members’ questions and ideas on collaboration team activities
- Planning team activities for coming year
- Reaching out to potential speakers for team meetings and working with co-leads and Secretariat on meeting agendas and announcements
- Organizing and chairing collaboration team meetings
- Supporting reporting on collaboration team activities
- Participating in annual team leader workshops
Co-leads can expect to devote between 10 and 15 hours per month on average to their leadership role. We ask applicants to be prepared to commit to serve at least two years as a co-lead. If there are unforeseen circumstances that require team leaders to step down before two years, we request they help find a replacement in discussion with the other co-leads. All those selected to be co-leads will be trained and onboarded.
To apply please email me (email@example.com) with the following information by December 9:
- Name of collaboration team(s) you are applying to co-lead
- Brief statement of intent stating why you are applying for a leadership role, what you hope to gain from the leadership experience, and what you want to contribute to the team(s) you would like to lead
- Up to date resume/CV