Thanks to three new funding opportunities from and , the Wilhelmus lab is looking to hire multiple postdocs and graduate students. I am interested in individuals who can join us at Brown to work on diverse sea ice and ocean dynamics problems. I anticipate hiring at least two postdocs and one graduate student. Projects include:
- Studying sea ice-ocean interactions in critical momentum and heat transfer regions of the Arctic Ocean.
- Quantifying ocean turbulence from space observations.
- Designing and implementing image processing algorithms to develop new sea ice data products to constrain new climate models.
Start dates could be as soon as September, but I am also willing to wait as needed.
Potential candidates may apply by sending a CV, representative document (publication or thesis), and a list of three references to email@example.com (note position in the subject line).
- Completed Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Physical Oceanography, or a related field
- Significant experience in developing image processing algorithms is preferred
- Extensive experience using Matlab (exposure to Julia is a plus)
Brown is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.