SEARCH Seeks Nominations for Science Steering Committee
February 24, 2015
By Jessica Rohde
Nomination submission deadline: Monday, 9 March 2015
Nominations should be sent to: Helen Wiggins, , firstname.lastname@example.org
calls for nominations for Science Steering Committee (SSC) members.
We seek nominations of candidates that are broad and cross-disciplinary thinkers, are good communicators and consensus-builders, and have a strong commitment to the vision.
SSC members are expected to:
- Define and update the vision and mission
- Guide overall directions of implementation
- Promote and communicate activities and plans
- Provide a supervisory role for the Executive Director (ED; this position is currently open!)
- Work with the ED to establish strong linkages and partnerships with other relevant programs, agencies and organizations
- Approve annual work plans and reports
- Attend and be active participants in regular SSC teleconferences (about monthly) and 1-2 in-person meetings per year (travel support is provided for SSC members)
While we welcome nominations from all disciplines and research backgrounds, to complement existing strengths we are particularly interested in additional members with expertise in the social sciences (including economics), human dimensions, science-policy linkages, and those with expertise in partnering with stakeholders outside the academic and US federal scientific communities.
The SSC is comprised of 12-14 members. Over the coming year, we will have a total of eight seats that will be rotated in two phases. Members serve a three-year term, with a maximum of two consecutive terms. No more than two members may be based from non-U.S. institutions.
Nominations should include the person's name, affiliation, contact information, area of expertise, curriculum vitae or resume, and a brief statement on why the person would be an asset to the program. To submit a nomination, you should first obtain the consent of the nominee.
Self-nominations are welcome. Nominations should be sent to Helen Wiggins, ( Science Management Office) at email@example.com.
Nomination submission deadline: Monday, 9 March 2015.
For questions about the nomination process, please contact:
For questions about directions in the program, please contact:
Hajo Eicken, SSC Chair
Or any other member of the current SSC.
Posted by Jessica Rohde on behalf of Helen Wiggins,