IARPC Collaborations Diversity & Inclusion Working Group: Kick Off Meeting
February 4, 2019
By Jessica Rohde
Collaborations is kicking off a new working group on Diversity and Inclusion on Monday, February 11, 1-2 PM EST (this is also International Day of Women and Girls in Science). Please join us!
- Olivia Lee, University of Alaska Fairbanks and Sea Ice Collaboration Team Leader
- Colleen Strawhacker, Associate Program Director for the Arctic Social Sciences and System Sciences Programs () in the National Science Foundation’s Office of Polar Programs and Coastal Resilience Collaboration Team Leader
Purpose of the Group:
Recognizing the value of diversity and inclusiveness in Arctic science, this team encourages open conversations on how to increase inclusion and equity in scientific research in a way that will enhance problem solving and improve innovative solutions to address the most pressing challenges facing the Arctic. This group is designed to be a space to share resources and ideas from all perspectives in Arctic research and welcomes allies of all kinds. Please join us to discuss the diversity and inclusion activities happening within your organizations and potential action items for the working group.
You can join this group by logging into Collaborations and clicking the blue join button here: https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3862
- Overview of formation and purpose of the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group- Olivia (10mins)
- Roundtable discussion of diversity and inclusion activities happening within participant’s respective organizations (25mins)
- Brief recap of discussion- Colleen (5 mins)
- Discussion of potential action items for the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group (20 mins)
- Next steps (5 mins)
Zoom Connection Information
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://iarpc.zoom.us/j/9407335675
- Unless you plan to dial-in via telephone only (without a computer) please click the Zoom link first and follow the instructions for connecting to audio via computer or telephone (if you connect to audio via telephone, please be sure to use your participant ID code).
- If you plan to call in via telephone only (no computer): +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll). Meeting ID: 940 733 5675. International numbers available: https://iarpc.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=I2ry4RjKWLYRxcrtbpYmqVjMn9z33IWl
First time using Zoom?