Adobe Connect Instructions & Troubleshooting
If you have not previously used Adobe Connect, ensure that your computer and network connections are configured to provide you with the best possible experience by running a test. Visit http://www.adobe.com/go/meeting_test. Please note that it is only necessary to download the Adobe Connect Add-in if you are a presenter.
Audio Connection Instructions
When you first join the webinar, you will be prompted to connect to audio via one of several methods.
- If possible, please select "Using Microphone (Computer/Device)"
- As a second choice, select "Dial-out [Receive a call from the meeting]”
- Please select only as a last resort: "Dial-in to the Audio Conference via Phone," as this is a much more difficult and expensive way to connect to audio. The phone number is 1-800-832-0736, access code *8286060#. Local and international numbers are available at: https://www.meetingone.com/support/international-access-phone-numbers/
- Please note that if you select "Listen Only." you will not be able to be heard during the call, and therefore unable to ask questions.
- To tune your audio devices, select “Meeting” in the top left of the Adobe window, then “Audio Setup Wizard.” When you have successfully completed the setup, both your speaker and microphone icons should be green, as shown below.
- If you are still having issues with audio, please try switching to a different browser. Google Chrome has a known bug with Adobe Connect, so we recommend Firefox, Safari, or Explorer.
- Check to see if you have installed the plugin at http://www.adobe.com/go/meeting_test
- If your audio is distorted, try disabling "Enhanced Audio" as shown below:
Presenter Best Practices
- Uploading PDFs to Adobe Connect is smoother than uploading powerpoint files. Please use PDF if possible. If you must use powerpoint, please avoid using animations and transitions
- You must download the Add-In to share your screen. Do so at: http://www.adobe.com/go/meeting_test
- Directly connect to the fastest internet connection available.
- Being connected to an Ethernet cable is not required, but is recommended over wireless internet.
- Shut down Email/IM and any programs not being used for the presentation.
- For screen sharing, sharing your entire desktop uses less bandwidth than sharing certain windows or applications.